[visionlist] Post-doc positions (2) at Lingnan University, Hong Kong

HAYWARD William Gordon willhayward at ln.edu.hk
Thu Sep 7 03:39:18 -04 2023

Dear visionlist —

I have two PDF positions in my lab at Lingnan University in Hong Kong, both starting in January 2024 or soon after. Lingnan University is a small institution, historically a liberal arts university, but is investing in research and is ambitious be competitive with its larger siblings in Hong Kong and the region. We are building a Cognitive Science group within the Department of Psychology and I believe it will be an excellent environment for emerging scientists to work on some interesting problems with good institutional support.

The two positions are both funded by competitive grants:

1. Understanding how familiarity develops in face recognition. We will track behavioural (including eye-tracking) and ERP measures as faces become more and more familiar to observers, initially as isolated photographs but ultimately through in-person interactions.

2. Evaluating the effectiveness of behavioural measures to control the COVID-19 pandemic. In collaboration with colleagues in Public Health, Social Policy, and Social Work at Lingnan and The University of Hong Kong, we will use a variety of techniques including social data science to understand the costs and benefits of behavioural measures used during the pandemic, with the ultimate aim of informing future policy makers.

The ad is here:

https://lingnan.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/2067?c=lingnan

Potential candidates should contact me for more details, although applications should be made through the link above. Initial appointment will be for two years.

Many thanks

Will

—————————————————————————————————————
Will Hayward
Chair Professor of Psychology and Dean of Social Sciences
Lingnan University
8 Castle Peak Road
Tuen Mun, NT
Hong Kong