[visionlist] [Jobs] UToronto PostDoc Positions in AI/CV/Robotics

Igor Gilitschenski gilitschenski at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Sep 6 23:53:36 -04 2023

The Robot Vision & Learning Lab <https://rvl.cs.toronto.edu/> (PI: Florian
Shkurti <http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~florian/>) and the Intelligent Systems
Lab <https://tisl.cs.toronto.edu/> (PI: Igor Gilitschenski
<https://www.gilitschenski.org/igor>) at the University of Toronto are
looking for multiple postdoctoral associates in AI, Computer Vision, and
Robotics. Our current interests involve using real-world data for building
better simulators, robot learning for manipulation, and robust interactive
autonomy for mobile robots. Within these broad directions our current
topics of focus are:

   - *AI:* Geometric deep learning, causal representation learning,
   model-based & multi-agent reinforcement learning, learning for task and
   motion planning, vision and language models.
   - *Computer Vision:* Editable neural rendering, generative models for
   3D, neuromorphic computer vision
   - *Robotics:* Robotic perception and robot learning with applications to
   autonomous navigation and manipulation. Field robotics.

We are also open to candidates interested in adjacent fields to open up new
research directions in our groups.

*Requirements*

   - Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a Ph.D. degree in a
   relevant area in Computer Science, Neuroscience, Engineering, or related
   disciplines. We will also consider applications from candidates holding a
   doctorate in Mathematics or Physics even if they do not satisfy some of the
   subject-specific requirements below.
   - Core research expertise in one of the above fields from graduate work
   or industry research.
   - The majority of your publications should have been published at top
   venues in AI (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AISTATS, UAI, AAAI, JMLR, TMLR),
   computer vision (ICCV, ECCV, CVPR, T-PAMI), computer graphics (SIGGRAPH,
   SIGGRAPH Asia), or robotics (ICRA, IROS, RSS, CoRL, T-RO, IJRR, RA-L)
   - Evidence of ability to guide junior researchers (e.g. through
   leadership roles in supervising undergraduate research projects or
   supervision of entry level graduate students)
   - Evidence of ability to push own research agenda and lead projects

*Position Description*
Depending on area of interest and experience, successful candidates will be
offered a direct position in our groups or / and supported in applying for
relevant postdoctoral fellowships.

*How to apply*
Please direct your applications including CV and the name and contact of
two references to airobotics-postdoc at cs.toronto.edu. Applications received
before October 1 will receive full consideration.

--
Igor Gilitschenski, Assistant Professor (Computer Science)
Toronto Intelligent Systems Lab, University of Toronto