[visionlist] Announcement ECVP 2025 and 2026

Freiherr von Castell, Dr. Christoph castell at uni-mainz.de
Thu Sep 14 10:00:37 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

The wonderfully organized ECVP 2023 in the beautiful city of Paphos, Cyprus, is just over. And we are already looking forward to ECVP 2024 in Aberdeen, Scotland! In Paphos, during the business meeting, we discussed the venues for ECVPs 2025 and 2026. We had originally agreed that ECVP 2025 would be held in Bournemouth, England, and for 2026, Mainz, Germany, had expressed willingness.

However, after the business meeting, it turned out that many colleagues would prefer not to have two ECVPs in the UK in direct succession. Therefore, the future organizers from Bournemouth and Mainz have met again directly after the business meeting. We came to the conclusion that it is possible to swap the two dates. We have already communicated this proposal to all the colleagues who were still present at the farewell party. This announcement was unanimously (and enthusiastically) welcomed there. We would now like to inform everybody about the finalized organization of ECVP 2025 and 2026:

ECVP 2025

Mainz, Germany

Organizers: Christoph von Castell, Heiko Hecht, and Günter Meinhardt

ECVP 2026

Bournemouth, UK

Organizers: Anna Metzger and Matteo Toscani

To ensure a great conference for all, preparations for ECVP 2025 have already started. In particular, we have pre-booked potential conference venues. All of them are centrally located and well accessible - both by foot and by public transport. The scheduled date for ECVP 2025 is August 24-28, 2025. We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with a few key facts about Mainz: Mainz is a venerable university city with more than 30,000 students, 4,500 scientists, and a total population of 220,000. It is located directly on the legendary river Rhine and embedded in a lovely internationally renowned wine region. And, not to forget, Mainz is considered the cradle of letterpress printing, as it is the birthplace of Johannes Gutenberg, after whom the University of Mainz is named. The international accessibility of Mainz is excellent. It is very close to Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Mainz is a German railroad hub. Accommodation is readily available. There are more than 4,000 hotel beds directly in Mainz as well as numerous alternative accommodation options. We will keep you updated and would be honored to welcome you at ECVP 2025 in Mainz!

We hope that this proposal is in everyone's best interest and will find the ECVP community's broad support. If anyone disagrees with this proposal, please don't hesitate to respond directly via the list or alternatively to our email addresses (mtoscani at bournemouth.ac.uk<mailto:mtoscani at bournemouth.ac.uk>, castell at uni-mainz.de<mailto:castell at uni-mainz.de>).

We look forward to welcoming you in Mainz 2025 and in Bournemouth 2026!

Christoph von Castell and Matteo Toscani

(on behalf of the ECVP organizing committees 2025 and 2026)

Dr. Christoph Freiherr von Castell

Department of Psychology
Experimental Psychology
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Wallstr. 3
55122 Mainz
Germany

Phone: +49 6131 3939277<tel:+49%206131%203939277>
Fax: +49 6131 3939268<tel:+49%206131%203939268>
www.staff.uni-mainz.de/castell<http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/castell>