[visionlist] Future of SVRHM Form | Looking into 2024

Arturo Deza arturodeza at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:55:09 -04 2023

Dead vision science community,

After going strong for 4 years (2019-2022), we are currently evaluating
whether to make SVRHM <https://svrhm.com/> (the Shared Visual
Representations in Human and Machine Intelligence) its own separate venue
or to continue hosting it at Machine Learning/Computer Vision venues (such
as NeurIPS/ICLR), as we will not be part of the NeurIPS workshops this
year. Given the recent surge in the field of NeuroAI (a sort of
intersection between AI + Neuroscience), we'd love to get your feedback
about how SVRHM is evolving and if separating itself from the classical ML
conferences will be better or worse for attendees and the general
scientific community.

In addition, we are considering potentially hosting it next year in South
America (example: Lima, Peru) and rotate in different universities of
cities in LATAM (Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, CDMX, etc ...) to
reduce issues with travel and VISA processing and to expand outreach.
Having SVRHM virtual is also a possibility though most attendees have
expressed that they have gotten more out of the venue when it has been in
person. We are also considering co-hosting SVRHM with other
workshops/venues if we are to go an independent route to amortize travel
costs and CO2 emissions.

*Please cast your vote and feedback here:*
https://forms.gle/2y6n4mdTPbvT85YD8

A big hug, and hope all is good with you all these days!

Arturo

--
Arturo Deza, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in Computer Science at UTEC <https://utec.edu.pe/>