[visionlist] Postdoctoral position at Dartmouth

Brad Duchaine bradley.c.duchaine at dartmouth.edu
Sun Sep 24 22:03:24 -04 2023

Hello,

My lab is searching for a postdoctoral fellow who will contribute to an NSF
project investigating eye movements and retinotopic face tuning in
adults, children, and individuals with developmental prosopagnosia.

If you're interested, please see the ad below or click here
<https://apply.interfolio.com/130310>.

Thanks,
Brad

The Social Perception Lab in Psychological and Brain Sciences at Dartmouth
invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow. We welcome applications
from creative scientists who are eager to develop a research program
involving psychophysics, neuropsychology, perceptual development, and
individual differences. The postdoctoral fellow will play a central role in
an NSF-funded project investigating eye movements and retinotopic face
tuning. The project will examine preferred fixation locations and face
tuning in children, adults at a variety of ages, and individuals with
developmental prosopagnosia.

This is a collaborative project between Brad Duchaine at Dartmouth and
Miguel Eckstein at UC-Santa Barbara. The postdoctoral fellow will be based
at Dartmouth but will regularly interact with Professor Eckstein and will
travel to Santa Barbara to collect data. Both supervisors are committed to
the training and career development of the fellow. For more information on
our work, please visit the Social Perception Lab and the Prosopagnosia
Research Center.

The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Dartmouth offers the
best of a well-resourced, externally funded research university environment
along with the integrative and cross-disciplinary nature of a liberal arts
institution. In particular, our state-of-the-art research and teaching
facility houses human cognitive/social neuroscience and small-animal
behavioral/systems neuroscience in the same building. We have a
concentration of laboratories working on vision, so the postdoctoral fellow
will be part of a supportive community of vision researchers. Beyond the
department, postdoctoral scholars are supported by the Guarini School for
Graduate and Advanced Studies, including their diversity and inclusion
initiatives. The broader neuroscience community includes research programs
in the Department of Biological Sciences, Geisel School of Medicine, Thayer
School of Engineering, and the cross-departmental Integrative Neuroscience
at Dartmouth (IND) graduate program.

The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences and Dartmouth are
committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive population of
students, faculty, and staff. Dartmouth recently launched a new initiative,
Toward Equity, that embraces shared definitions of diversity, equity,
inclusion, and belonging as a foundation for our success in institutional
transformation. We are especially interested in applicants who are able to
work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from all backgrounds and
with different identities and attributes. Our labs regularly host students
participating in undergraduate diversity initiatives in STEM research, such
as our Women in Science Program, E. E. Just STEM Scholars Program, and the
Academic Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (ASURE).

Qualifications
Applicants should have a PhD in Psychology, Neuroscience, or a closely
related field, or be ABD with a degree received before the start of the
appointment. Qualified candidates should have experience with perception
research, substantial programming experience, and an interest in individual
differences and development. We also encourage enquiries from applicants
with other backgrounds.

Application Instructions
Please submit all materials electronically via Interfolio:
https://apply.interfolio.com/130310
Cover Letter outlining your research interests and qualifications.
CV including contact information for two references.

Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2023 and continue until the
position is filled. The anticipated start date is negotiable. For
enquiries, please contact Professor Brad Duchaine,
bradley.c.duchaine at dartmouth.edu.