[visionlist] Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, ultra-high field brain imaging research using 7T MRI, Glasgow, Scotland

Alessio Fracasso alessio.fracasso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 13:34:59 -04 2023

Dear vision scientists,

Here is a nice opportunity to work with high field imaging in Glasgow.

Professor (Grade 10) within the Professorial range and subject to
negotiation, Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Grade 8/9) £48,350 - £56,021/£57,696
- £64,914 per annum.

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DCB559/professor-senior-lecturer-lecturer-research-and-teaching-track

*Closing Date:** 27 September 2023 + 3 Weeks*

The Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi) at the School of Psychology
and Neuroscience is seeking to appoint a Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer
to conduct and lead internationally competitive ultra-high field brain
imaging research using 7T MRI. We seek experts in 7T MRI research whose
research strengths lie within those of the Centre of Cognitive Neuroimaging
(brain dynamics of e.g. sensory processing, memory and prediction,
cognition and decision making, multimodal imaging using EEG, MEG and TMS).
We are also interested in candidates whose research links to brain disease
mechanisms in for example cognitive impairment, cerebrovascular disease,
psychiatric illness, chronic pain, neuro-oncology, traumatic brain injury.

Applications are invited from candidates with an appropriate record of
academic achievement in ultra-high field (7T MRI) Cognitive Neuroimaging.

The School of Psychology and Neuroscience is a world-class research and
teaching unit situated within the College of Medical, Veterinary & Life
Sciences.  It has recently been rated 4th in the UK and 1st in Scotland,
REF 2021 research output in Times Higher Psychology, Psychiatry and
Neuroscience category.

The University of Glasgow is one of the world’s top 100 universities and a
member of the UK’s research-intensive Russell Group. As well as housing a
vibrant and growing academic community, the university is also located in a
beautiful setting with many local cafes, shops, pubs and restaurants, and
there is a thriving cultural scene in the city. Scotland’s famously
stunning lochs and mountains are nearby, and easily accessible by rail or
car.

As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive
community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity. We
strongly encourage applications from across our community and in
particular, those prospective colleagues who are from ethnically
diverse/minority backgrounds, have a disability or long-term health
condition, and/or the LGBTQ+ community. Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity
are at the core of the University of Glasgow experience, and at the heart
of the School of Psychology & Neuroscience. We strive to create a diverse
and inclusive culture through our commitment to diversity awards including
the Athena Swan Award and The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Times
Higher Education Award.

This post is full time and open ended.

Visit our website for further information on The University of Glasgow’s
School of Psychology & Neuroscience,
https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/psychologyneuroscience/

Informal Enquiries should be directed to Professor Gregor Thut,
Gregor.Thut at glasgow.ac.uk

*Closing Date:** 27 September 2023 + 3 Weeks*

We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of
all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values.
Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in
particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented
within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds
all aspects of equality and diversity within our community
https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/

We endorse the principles of Athena Swan
https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/humanresources/equalitydiversity/athenaswan/

and hold bronze, silver and gold awards across the University.

We are investing in our organisation, and we will invest in you too.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.