[visionlist] Visiting Assistant Professor position in Behavioral Neuroscience or Neurobiology

Alexandra List alist at hamilton.edu
Wed Sep 27 07:35:06 -04 2023

The Psychology Department at *Hamilton College *invites applications for a
*two-year* Visiting Assistant Professor position in *Behavioral
Neuroscience *or *Neurobiology*, beginning July 1, 2024. Candidates who are
ABD will be considered, although candidates with a Ph.D. are preferred. The
candidate would contribute to our interdisciplinary program in
Neuroscience. In particular, we seek candidates who use rodent models in
their teaching and research program. The teaching load will be the
equivalent of five courses per year, including some combination of
fundamentals of neurobiology, a laboratory course in behavioral
neuroscience or neurobiology, topical courses in the candidate’s specialty
area, introductory statistics, and supervision of year-long student
research projects. The expected salary range for this position is $74,400
to $76,900. We seek candidates who can demonstrate their experience
teaching or working with diverse student populations. Your cover letter
should address the ways in which your teaching, scholarship, and/or service
would engage and sustain Hamilton’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.

The Psychology Department, consisting of nine faculty members (four who
contribute heavily to the Neuroscience Program), has a strong tradition of
excellence in teaching and research, and is housed in a state- of-the-art
unified science center. Please visit our websites at
*https://academics.hamilton.edu/psychology
<https://academics.hamilton.edu/psychology>* and
*https://academics.hamilton.edu/neuroscience
<https://academics.hamilton.edu/neuroscience> *for additional information
about the Psychology Department and Neuroscience Program.

Candidates should submit the following to Interfolio at
http://apply.interfolio.com/133026: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vita,
(3) statement of teaching philosophy and experience, (4) research
statement, and (5) the names and contact information for three references
who have agreed to provide letters of recommendation upon request.
Questions regarding the search may be directed to Jennifer Borton, Acting
Chair of Psychology, at jborton at hamilton.edu. <jborton at hamilton.edu> Review
of applications will begin *November 15, 2023*.

Hamilton College is a residential liberal arts college located in central
New York. The College has built its reputation on the teaching excellence
and leading scholarship of its faculty, and on the academic distinction and
intellectual curiosity of its approximately 2000 students who take
advantage of Hamilton’s *open curriculum*
<https://www.hamilton.edu/academics/open-curriculum> (
https://www.hamilton.edu/academics/open-curriculum). Accomplished faculty,
highly capable and motivated students, and a student-faculty ratio of 9:1
provide an educational experience that emphasizes academic excellence,
intellectual and cultural diversity, and respect for differences in the
development of students as human beings. Hamilton’s commitment to diversity
is embodied in its need-blind admission policy and meeting the full
demonstrated financial need of every accepted student for their entire
undergraduate program. Please visit the college website for more
information (www.hamilton.edu).

Hamilton College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that
is committed to building an inclusive and diverse learning community where
members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and excel. We encourage
candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education to apply.
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find other Hamilton and
nearby academic job listings at
https://www.hercjobs.org/regions/higher-ed-careers-upstate-new-york/, as
well as additional information at
https://www.hamilton.edu/dof/faculty-development/resources-for-prospective-or-new-faculty/opportunities-for-spouses-or-partners
(Opportunities for Spouses or Partners). Hamilton provides domestic partner
benefits.