[visionlist] Postdoc position in computational modeling and neuro-prosthetics in Prague

Jan Antolik antolikjan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:50:55 -04 2023

Dear Prospective Postdoctoral Researcher,We're pleased to announce a
postdoctoral position within the Computational Systems Neuroscience Group
<http://csng.mff.cuni.cz/> (CSNG) at Charles University, Prague, focusing
on computational neuroscience and neuro-prosthetic system design.CSNG is an
international, interdisciplinary research group that explores the
intricacies of the visual system, sensory coding, and neuro-prosthetic
solutions. To do this, we use a range of computational modeling approaches
spanning large-scale biologically detailed spiking network models,
firing-rate models of development, and modern machine learning techniques.
We are a diverse team of computer scientists, physicists, mathematicians,
and engineers dedicated to understanding visual perception and its
restoration via neuro-prosthetic devices.Project goals: Develop a
large-scale model of electrical stimulation in the primary visual cortex
for neuro-prosthetic vision restoration. Create and refine models of the
primary visual cortex and its electrical stimulation. Simulate the impact
of external stimulation on cortical activity. Develop novel machine
learning methods to link simulated cortical activity to expected visual
perceptions. Develop stimulation protocols for neuro-prosthetic systems.
This project is undertaken as a part of a larger consortium of Czech
experimental and theoretical neuroscience teams.

Requirements: Strong computational and analytical skills. Experience in
computational modeling, spiking neural networks, machine learning
or understanding of electric field propagation in biological mediums are of
great advantage but not strictly required.Duration: 2 years, with possible
extension.
Funding: Fully funded for 4.5 years, starting January.
Teaching Duties: None.To apply, send: Detailed CV and cover letter
explaining your interest and how your skills align with our project to:
antolikjan at gmail.com.We look forward to hearing from you.Sincerely,Ján
Antolík
Associate Professor
Computational Systems Neuroscience Group (http://csng.mff.cuni.cz/)