[visionlist] Call for PhD - MaLGa, University of Genoa

Nicoletta Noceti nicoletta.noceti at unige.it
Fri Oct 13 09:24:42 -04 2023

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all

We are seeking very motivated candidates for a PhD position to work on the MARCH project, “Multi-modal learning for gait-based human analysis and authentication” funded by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (FA8655-23-1-7074).

The general goal of this project is to design new methodologies for gait representations to address different tasks, from analysis to authentication. We are mainly interested in multi-modal techniques, based in particular
on the interplay between inertial and visual data. We will investigate transfer learning and domain adaptation, sensor substitution strategies, distillation and privileged information, and self-supervised learning.

The position is open to candidates with a background in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Mathematics/Artificial Intelligence, or related disciplines.

All the research activities will be carried out at the University of Genoa, within MaLGa-Machine Learning Genoa center.  The research in our center covers different aspects of machine learning, from theory to applications.
Today the center counts 14 faculties and more than 40 between PhD students and postdocs and provides a lively, international and dynamic work environment.

For more details and to send an expression of interest you may visit this link: https://malga.unige.it/open-positions/#1

Perspective candidates should make an expression of interest before 2023-11-03.

All the best
N.Noceti

Nicoletta Noceti, PhD
Associate Professor in Computer Science