[visionlist] 2 Postdoctoral positions in Audiovisual Learning and Audio Processing [Jobs]

Pavis Pavis at iit.it
Fri Nov 17 05:33:15 -04 2023

2 Postdoctoral positions in Audiovisual Learning and Audio Processing - (2300008C)

Commitment & contract: collaboration contract, minimum 12 months - renewable

Location: Genova, Italy

ABOUT US
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society.
Our Genoa headquarters are strictly interconnected with the other 11 centers around Italy and two outstations based in the US.
We promote excellence in basic and applied research such as neuroscience and cognition, humanoid technologies and robotics, nanotechnology, materials for a truly multidisciplinary scientific experience.

YOUR TEAM
The project is a joint multidisciplinary effort between the Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) Research Line (https://pavis.iit.it/ ), in the persons of Dr. Pietro Morerio, Dr. Vittorio Murino and Dr. Alessio Del Bue with the partners of the European project XTREME (RIA Horizon Europe, GA n. 101136006).

About XTREME
The European project, titled Mixed Reality Environment for Immersive Experience of Art and Culture (XTREME), is meant to ease access to the many benefits of musical experience by providing a mixed reality (MR) solution that, instead of requiring the participant to be physically present in the venue, brings the concerts and performances to a remote location.
MR retains the immersive experience, and even gives additional dimensions to it by integrating real and virtual contents.

The successful candidate will work to develop specific solutions within the project for:
·         Mapping multichannel sound to an acoustic image stream with beamforming;
·         Multimodal audio-visual detection and fusion for scene representation;
·         Integration of 2D audio-visual reconstructed scene with 3D representations.
Both junior and experienced (up to 5 years of post-doctoral experience) candidates will be considered for the position.
Please note that the positions are, at the moment, Pending Grant Agreement signature.

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
·         A PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Engineering, or related areas
·         Documented expertise in acoustics and audio signal processing and Computer Vision, with focus on multimodal machine learning (e.g. audio-video)
·         Strong programming ability (Python preferred) with hands-on skills in AI and Deep Learning frameworks (e.g., Pytorch, Tensorflow or equivalent tools)
·         Ability/willingness to integrate within multidisciplinary research group
·         Proven track record of publications in the relevant technical areas and projects
·         Ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
·         Team player skills with the ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner (English language)
·         Fluency in spoken and written English

ADDITIONAL SKILLS
·         High motivation to learn
·         Spirit of innovation and creativity
·         Good in time and priority management
·         Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
·         Experience in national and international projects, both in the proposal preparation phase (i.e. proposal writing) and in the project reporting (i.e. writing of deliverables reports)

COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
·         Competitive salary for international standards
·         Wide range of staff discounts
·         Candidates from abroad or Italian citizens who permanently work abroad and meet specific requirements, may be entitled to a deduction from taxable income of up to 90% from 6 to 13 years.

 WHAT'S IN FOR YOU?
·          An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
·          We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
·          If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There's a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
·          If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
·         If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
·         We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
·         If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!

Please submit your application using the online form and including:
A detailed CV with a full list of publications, plus a final section titled "Relevant skills" commenting on the strong points where your CV matches the required skills (list above).
Name and contacts of 2 referees.
Application's deadline: December 22nd, 2023

We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 - email: mailto:dpo at iit.it -
kindly note that this e-mail address is exclusively reserved for handling data protection issues. Please, do not use this e-mail address to send any document and/or request of information about this opening).