[visionlist] PhD position starting next Fall @University of New Hampshire

Daglar TANRIKULU daglar_tanrikulu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 17:12:10 -04 2023

I am seeking applicants for a fully-funded PhD student position in my visual perception lab in the Department of Psychology at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) at Durham.

The student will join a vibrant research community with an extensive international network of collaborators. The research will focus on computational approaches to perceptual grouping and organization. For more information on the research conducted in my lab, please visit: https://www.unhvisionlab.com

The (full-time) PhD student will join the Brain, Behavior, and Cognition track in the Psychology PhD program at UNH. Our graduate psychology program has been recognized by the American Psychological Association for Innovation in Graduate Education in Psychology. To learn more about the Psychology PhD program at UNH, please visit: https://cola.unh.edu/psychology/program/phd/psychology

Required Experience and Education

1.  Previous experience working in a research lab

2.  Bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, philosophy, neuroscience, or a related field.

3.  Interest in cognitive science and visual perception research

Preferred Qualifications

1.    Experience in at least one of the following: PsychoPy, Python, Matlab, or R.

To get more information about the position, please do not hesitate to contact me at ot1031 at unh.edu . To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-3 references, CV, and academic transcripts to ot1031 at unh.edu. For best consideration, please apply by January 15th, 2024.

UNH is located in Durham, NH, 65 miles north of Boston/Cambridge, 70 miles south of the White Mountain National Forest, and 12 miles from the Atlantic coast and the city of Portsmouth, NH.  The university has an enrollment of 16,000 students from all 50 states and 71 countries, a full-time faculty of over 900, and offers more than 200 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.

Omer Daglar Tanrikulu

Assistant Professor of Psychology,

McConnell Hall

University of New Hampshire