[visionlist] [Call for Applications] Research Fellow Position at the University of Udine, Italy – Object Tracking - EXTRA-EYE Project

Matteo Dunnhofer matteo.dunnhofer at uniud.it
Thu Dec 14 08:11:13 -04 2023

Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. I am excited to share a unique research opportunity within the EXTRA-EYE project at the University of Udine, Udine, Italy.

We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team of the Machine Learning and Perception Lab as a Research Fellow. More details below:

Position: Research Fellow (post-doc equivalent)
Location: University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Application Deadline: 12th January 2024
Link to the Call (with instructions on how to apply): https://titulus-uniud.cineca.it/albo/viewer?view=files/002449312-UNUD001-152cbef6-7f6d-4954-a746-7d67bceac137-002.pdf

Research Topics:
Tracking objects in first-person view is notoriously challenging, and EXTRA-EYE aims to pioneer a solution. Our approach involves integrating state-of-the-art deep learning architectures for third-person-view (TPV) tracking with first-person-view (FPV) specific cues, such as the position of the user's hands. The project will establish correspondences between scenes captured in the FPV and TPV streams, creating a holistic, robust, and efficient tracking approach capable of real-time tracking across multiple dynamic and static cameras.

EXTRA-EYE Project Overview:
The EXTRA-EYE project focuses on comprehensively tracking user behavior in dynamic environments, with a particular emphasis on sectors like retail. The project aims to develop a state-of-the-art computer vision system, integrating both "exocentric" and "egocentric" viewpoints for a holistic understanding of user interactions.
To know more about the project see: https://sites.google.com/view/extraeye

Please feel free to share this opportunity with anyone who might be interested. We appreciate your assistance in reaching out to potential candidates.

Christian Micheloni, University of Udine
Matteo Dunnhofer, University of Udine