[visionlist] Lab manager/RA and postdoc positions in OSU Vision & Cogneuro Lab

Golomb, Julie golomb.9 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 1 13:13:25 -04 2024

We have two positions available starting Summer 2024 in Dr. Julie Golomb's Vision & Cognitive Neuroscience Lab (https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/) at The Ohio State University:

  1.  A full-time research assistant / lab manager position. This is an ideal position for someone who would like to obtain additional research experience in cognitive neuroscience before applying to graduate school.
  2.  A Postdoctoral researcher position. See details below

Research in the lab explores visual perception, attention, and working memory, including both neural and perceptual aspects. We use a variety of methodologies – psychophysics, neuroimaging (fMRI, EEG, & TMS), eye-tracking, and computational approaches – to investigate how we represent the visual world, achieve stable and integrated perception, and how perception, attention, and working memory interact. The lab is supported by grants from NIH and NSF.

**We at the Golomb Lab work to create an intellectually rigorous, collaborative, and supportive space in which all individuals are valued and given the best chance to succeed – regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. We celebrate the diversity of our members and of our community.**

Research assistant / lab manager position
Responsibilities will include assisting with all aspects of research (designing/programming experiments; recruiting/running participants; analyzing behavioral, fMRI, and EEG data; coauthoring manuscripts and presentations), as well as supervising undergraduate students in the lab and overseeing day-to-day lab operations.
This is an ideal position for someone for someone who would like to obtain additional research experience in cognitive neuroscience before applying to graduate school. The lab is committed to providing a rigorous, supportive, and inclusive training environment. OSU houses a vibrant research community and a state-of-the-art neuroimaging facility located within the Psychology building.
Qualifications: BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or other related field. Prior research experience and/or experience with one or more computer programming languages (preferably Matlab or Python) is highly desirable. Strong organizational and communication skills are also essential. The position begins Summer 2024 and requires a commitment of two years.

Interested applicants should email a CV, names of references, and a brief statement of interest to Julie Golomb: golomb.9 at osu.edu<mailto:golomb.9 at osu.edu>. Please specify which position you are applying to.

Postdoctoral researcher position
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science), strong quantitative and technical skills, and shared interests in one of the core research areas. Experience with fMRI and/or EEG and model-based analyses is highly desirable. Proficiency in programming is necessary (e.g. Matlab or Python).

OSU is home to a vibrant community of cognitive neuroscientists, computational modelers, and vision scientists in the Psychology Department and Center for Cognitive and Brain Sciences, as well as interdisciplinary interactions with colleagues in engineering, computer science, optometry, and neuroscience. The Psychology building houses state-of-the-art fMRI and EEG facilities, both equipped with EyeLink eye-tracking systems. OSU is located in the heart of Columbus, a lively and affordable city.

Start date is flexible. Applicants are asked to send a CV, a brief statement of research interests, the expected date of availability, and the names and contact of three references to golomb.9 at osu.edu<mailto:golomb.9 at osu.edu>. Please specify which position you are applying to.

---
Julie Golomb, PhD
Professor of Psychology
Cognitive Neuroscience Graduate Program Head
The Ohio State University
https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/