[visionlist] ECEM 2024 - Final call for contributions

Ronan Reilly Ronan.Reilly at mu.ie
Sat Mar 30 07:39:52 -04 2024

European Conference on Eye Movements 2024 (ECEM 2024)
Final Call for Submissions
Conference information

The 22nd European Conference on Eye Movements, ECEM 2024, will take place from Sunday, August 25th (afternoon), to Thursday, August 29th, at Maynooth University, Ireland.
Over its more than three-decade history, ECEM has grown to become the largest scientific meeting on eye movement research worldwide.  The conference brings together a vibrant community of researchers working towards a better understanding of eye movements, while also using them as a tool to study a wide range of topics in neuroscience, cognitive science, and various fields of application.
Our goal is to promote communication and cooperation between participants from diverse areas such as neurophysiology, psychology, medical sciences, linguistics, computer science, human factors, and many others. An important feature of ECEM is the presentation of state-of-the art equipment and software by manufacturers of eye movement recording systems.
Submission of contributions
Submissions can be made in three formats: talks in regular sessions, posters, or contributions to symposia. All contributions to ECEM 2024 should be submitted through the ConfTool (https://www.conftool.pro/ecem2024) system. Please refer to detailed information on the conference website (http://www.ecem2024.org) including updated information regarding our keynote speakers<https://www.ecem2024.org/keynotes.html>.

Note: we have extended the submission deadline for symposia to April 10.
ECEM and ECVP overlap
You may have noticed that there is an unfortunate overlap between the dates of ECEM and those of the ECVP conference in Aberdeen, Scotland.  The organisers of ECEM apologise for this, but it’s due to constraints on the availability of venues in Maynooth.  We have discussed the problem with our colleagues in Aberdeen and have proposed that ECEM schedule perception-related presentations in the first half of the conference.   Moreover, ECEM contributors wishing to attend ECVP should contact us about scheduling their presentations at a suitable time and we will endeavour to facilitate their requests.

Note that there is a good flight service between Dublin and Aberdeen, and it would be feasible for delegates to attend both conferences.

On behalf of the ECEM 2024 local organising committee
Prof. Ronan Reilly
Department of Computer Science,
Maynooth University
ecem2024 at mu.ie<mailto:ecem2024 at mu.ie>