[visionlist] Open Perimetry Initiative (OPI) webinar/web meeting

Allison McKendrick allisonm at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 26 06:21:28 -04 2020

The Open Perimetry Initiative is a collaborative project driven by academics and industry representatives with the aim of reducing barriers to using commercially available visual field machines for research in novel ways.

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Open Perimetry Initiative (OPI), we are pleased to invite researchers in the field to join our OPI webinar on 2nd  October 2020, in conjunction with the Imaging and Perimetry Society. The aim of the webinar is to share research experience with the OPI, to identify and discuss the challenges in using the OPI, and the visualFields R package, to explore collaboration opportunities.

Both existing users and new potential users are welcome.

We invite OPI users to share their experiences using OPI and/or the visualFields R package in brief presentations (4 mins rapid fire presentation + 4 mins discussion). Please email your 100 words presentation summary to Virginia Liu (virliu at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:virliu at unimelb.edu.au>). Interested new users are subsequently invited to participate in short workshops on 1) using the OPI interface and 2) using the visualFields R package, after the main webinar.

Online registration is open at: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/g77j

Important dates:
10th Sept. 2020   registration
10th Sept. 2020   brief presentation summary submission (virliu at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:virliu at unimelb.edu.au>)
10pm (AEST; UTC+10:00) 2nd Oct 2020.  OPI 10th birthday webinar

Current schedule (subject to change depending on number of submissions received):
Main webinar:   10 PM - 11:45 PM 2nd Oct  (AEST; UTC+10:00)
Group discussion:   12 AM - 12:30 AM 3rd Oct  (AEST; UTC+10:00)
OPI workshop:   12:30  AM - 1 AM 3rd Oct  (AEST; UTC+10:00)
visualFields workshop:   1 AM - 1:30 AM 3rd Oct  (AEST; UTC+10:00)

Note: these times are in Australia - so unless you live at a similar longitude it will not be the middle of the night for you.

Organizing committee:
Prof Andrew Turpin (Australia)
Dr Virginia Liu (Australia)
Prof Paul Artes (UK)
Dr Ivan Marin-Franch (Spain)
Prof Allison M McKendrick (Australia)
Mr. Vasanth Muthusamy (Australia)

For more information regarding the OPI: http://www.perimetry.org/opi
For more information regarding the Imaging & Perimetry Society: http://www.perimetry.org/

****************
Allison M McKendrick, MScOptom, PhD
Secretary, Imaging and Perimetry Society

Head, Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences
Melbourne School of Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne
allisonm at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:allisonm at unimelb.edu.au>
Ph: +61 3 83447005
http://healthsciences.unimelb.edu.au/departments/optometry-and-vision-sciences

Courier Address:  Level 4 Alice Hoy Building, Monash Rd, University of Melbourne Parkville Campus
Parkville 3010

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.

[id:image001.png at 01D3597F.1B323430]

CRICOS: 00116K

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of
copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any
attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is
received in error, please delete it and notify us by return email.