[visionlist] [Conferences] Deadline approaching ACM SAP 2021

Jain,Eakta ejain at cise.ufl.edu
Sat May 8 14:42:54 -04 2021

Dear all,

Submissions are open and the deadline is approaching! Please note some new emerging areas in our topics of interest. We look forward to your manuscripts.

The ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (ACM SAP) provides an intimate forum for researchers who combine knowledge, methods, and insights from perception research and computer science disciplines. As of now, ACM SAP 2021 is planned to be held as a hybrid conference in Rennes (France) on the 16th and 17th of September, 2021. Although we encourage in-person attendance, the organizers plan to have online streaming and interaction options for virtual attendance for both attendees and speakers.

Submission. We invite submissions of original work in all areas of applied perception, including all sensory modalities (vision, haptics, acoustics, proprioception, etc.). We welcome short and long papers submissions respectively up to 4 and 8 pages (not including references or appendices). [Details here:http://sap.acm.org/2021/]

Invited ACM TAP Journal Publication. Under an agreement with the ACM Transactions on Applied Perception (TAP) and the ACM Publications Board, the strongest accepted papers will be offered publication as full papers in the ACM journal TAP (instead of appearing in the proceedings).

Submission deadlines

·         May 25th: Abstract submission

·         May 27th: Paper submission

·         July 7th: Notifications

·         July 18th: Camera ready version due for SAPpapers; revised manuscripts due for TAPpapers

Topics of interest

SAP welcomes submissions related to all topics relevant to both perception and computer science such as:

  *   Application of perceptual research to any area of computer science, including but not limited to:

·         modeling, rendering, animation;

·         virtual environments, characters, avatars;

·         processing information from artificial sensors;

·         representation of data, communication of data, interaction with data;

  *   Applications of computer science to any area of perception, including but not limited to:

·         modeling natural perceptual systems;

·         simulating natural perceptual systems;

  *   Emerging topics such as animal perception, privacy and security, novel sensors, studies that combine perception and computing research toward applications to healthcare, deep space exploration, cultural and ecological preservation, etc.

Sincerely,

Program Chairs

Eakta Jain, University of Florida, USA

Anne-Hélène Olivier, University of Rennes 2, France

Conference Chairs

Massimiliano Di Luca, University of Birmingham, UK

Katja Zibrek, Inria Rennes, France

acm.sap2021 at gmail.com<mailto:acm.sap2021 at gmail.com>