[visionlist] PhD in Psychology at New York University

Jonathan A Winawer jonathan.winawer at nyu.edu
Sat May 8 11:56:44 -04 2021

Considering a PhD in social, cognitive, or developmental psychology? Join
the New York University Psychology Department in this online panel
discussion with faculty and students to learn about the process of applying
to PhD programs. We aim to offer insights on the application process for
traditionally underrepresented individuals.

*NYU Psychology Virtual Preview Days*

*May 20, 2020 3:00 – 5:30 EST*

*3:00 – 4:15 research talks from faculty and students4:25 – 5:30 Q&A
session and breakout rooms with faculty and students*

*Hear about Current Research in the Department of Psychology*

Learn about the research that faculty are conducting in their labs. See
what the scientific process looks like from the inside. Get a sense of the
types of questions our PhD faculty and students are asking.

*Learn Tips on Applying to Grad School From Those Who Just Did It*

>From psychology graduate students, learn tips on applying to PhD programs
and the graduate school experience.

*Get Concrete Examples of Application Materials*

We will walk attendees through how to construct the strongest application
materials and offer a handbook for you to take with you.

*Who Will Benefit*

If you are considering a PhD program in social, cognitive, or developmental
psychology research, please apply! We not provide clinical training. If you
know you are looking to go on to study patient populations, therapy, or
psychiatry, this program is not right for you. If you are interested
in Cognition
and Perception
<https://as.nyu.edu/psychology/people/faculty/cognition-and-perception-faculty.html>
, Social Psychology
<https://as.nyu.edu/psychology/people/faculty/social-psychology-faculty.html>,
or Developmental Psychology within either of these areas, we encourage you
to participate!

*Apply **here* <https://nyu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2mGM7ubEUmmElKK>

Applications are due at 11:59pm EDT on Monday, May 17th.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile