[visionlist] [jobs] deadline postponed: Post-doc Functional Memory Network in collaborative AI for cognitive assessment of human partners @ Italian Institute of Technology (IIT)

Francesco Rea Francesco.Rea at iit.it
Wed Sep 8 09:06:54 -04 2021

Post-doc Functional Memory Network in collaborative AI for cognitive assessment of human partners

At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.

The CONTACT Research Line is coordinated by Alessandra Sciutti, who has extensive experience in Cognitive Architecture for Human Robot Interaction.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:

  *   Sensing of human cognitive capabilities based on human-robot collaboration in unstructured real-world contexts
  *   Design of control systems for mobile robots that enable natural human-robot collaboration
  *   Development of an AI solution for the assessing of cognitive capabilities of human partners in  human-robot social collaboration for unstructured real-world scenario
This open position is financed by European Commission through HBP (Human Brain Project) project CEoI for SGA3 - Application of functional architectures supporting advanced cognitive functions to address AI and automation problems of industrial and commercial within the PROMEN-AID, Proactive Memory iN AI for Development project (GA 945539).

Please submit your application using the online form (https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=it&job=2100004X) and including a detailed CV, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications), names and contact of 2 referees.

Application's deadline postponed to September 15, 2021.