[visionlist] Assistant Professor of Psychology at The New School

Benjamin van Buren vanburenb at newschool.edu
Fri Oct 15 13:04:43 -04 2021

To whom it may concern,

The Department of Psychology at The New School is seeking applicants for a
tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor.  Details
below.

- Ben van Buren

--

The New School for Social Research and Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts
in New York City seek applicants for a tenure-track appointment at the rank

We are searching for someone who can join The New School’s Cognitive,
Social, and Developmental program. We are broadly interested in someone who
works in areas such as Psycholinguistics, Judgment and Decision Making,
Reasoning, and/or Attention. The successful candidate should also be able
to participate in developing an MA Program in Applied Psychology and Design
and work with The New School’s Parsons School of Design in developing
courses and mentoring students. In addition, we are interested in scholars
who employ a wide range of methodologies, including computational
approaches. Improving our faculty’s diversity will be an important priority.

Information about The New School for Social Research, Eugene Lang College,
and the Psychology Department can be found at:
https://www.newschool.edu/nssr/
https://www.newschool.edu/lang/
https://www.newschool.edu/nssr/psychology/

Benefits: Comprehensive University benefits package including health and
retirement plans, as well as tuition remission. Visit:
https://www.newschool.edu/human-resources/benefits/.

The New School is dedicated to creating and maintaining an environment
committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of employment
and education, as well as access to its educational, artistic, or cultural
programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis
of age, race, color, creed, sex, or gender (including actual or perceived
gender identity or expression or transgender status), sexual orientation,
sexual and other reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, religion,
religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status,
or any other legally protected status.

The New School is committed to actively recruiting applications from a
diverse pool. We encourage candidates from groups underrepresented in US
higher education to apply.

The successful applicant must have a significant record of research
excellence, as well as a demonstrated commitment to quality undergraduate
and graduate teaching. Applicants must have completed their Ph.D. by June
30, 2022. We will begin considering candidates November 1, 2021.

Applicants apply online using the faculty application on The New School
human resources website https://careers.newschool.edu. Using our online
application system, candidates should submit:

   - Letter of interest
   - Current CV
   - Up to three representative publications
   - Research, Teaching, and Diversity statements
   - Evidence of teaching excellence

Candidates should also arrange for letters of recommendation from three
referees to be sent by email to the department secretary Janiera Warren (
warrenj at newschool.edu).