[visionlist] LCD Monitors suitable with suitable temporal response

Jonathan Peirce jon.peirce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:15:03 -05 2017

Since a number of people have mentioned monitors that they have tested
and found to be good/bad, could remind people of the i-Reviews section
of i-Perception.

i-Reviews was originally created solely for reviews of web resources
(and can still be used for that) but we decided that it should also be a
useful place to send brief reviews of kit.

If you've collected data on a monitor, button box, or similar device
that you think would benefit others then please think about sending a
brief report on it as an i-Review. They are free to publish, with
peer-review but lighter touch than traditional papers. There isn't a
formal limit on length but we are talking brief. They are still indexed
in the usual ways (pubmed etc) and can be cited too.

It seems a shame that people are collecting all this useful data but it
isn't being seen by others. And that people aren't taking advantage of
this easy way to get a citable, peer-reviewed manuscript for free!

So if you bought a piece of kit, or saw a web resource (youtube video?)
that you think could use a review then get in touch. You can email me
directly to discuss an idea if you aren't sure.

best wishes,
Jon