[visionlist] Faculty Position, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Harvard University

George Alvarez alvarez at wjh.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 26 11:30:19 -05 2017

HARVARD UNIVERSITY. The Department of Psychology anticipates making a
tenure-track appointment at the assistant professor level to begin July 1,
2018.

We seek candidates with expertise in the application of computational
models toward understanding human perception or cognition.  Our interest is
less in specific areas and methods than in innovation and excellence in the
application of modeling techniques to experimental data from adult humans,
children or animals. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2018.
Candidates at all levels are encouraged to apply.

Candidates must have a strong doctoral record and have completed their
Ph.D.  Candidates should have demonstrated a promise of excellence in both
research and teaching. Teaching duties will include offerings at both
undergraduate and graduate levels.

Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research and teaching
statements, up to three representative reprints, and names and contact
information of three to five references (three letters of recommendation
are required, and the application is complete only when all three letters
have been submitted) to http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/7663.

Questions regarding this position can be addressed to
alvarez at wjh.harvard.edu. The committee will consider completed applications
starting immediately on a rolling basis through October 1. Interviews will
be conducted in late September and continue in October.

Harvard University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We actively encourage applications from
women and minority groups.