[visionlist] Apple is hiring Optical Test Engineers

Anna Liu anna_liu at apple.com
Mon Nov 5 19:05:23 -05 2018

Hi Everyone,

Apple is hiring in Cupertino, CA.

Please send your resume to anna_liu at apple.com <mailto:anna_liu at apple.com> if interested.

Job Summary

Apple designs consumer products that touch millions. We change the way that people interact with electronic devices around the world.

The Measurement R&D Team is responsible for developing technologies, calibration methodologies and the respective instrumentation for the calibration and validation of Apple’s products. These solutions will be used during New Product Introduction (NPI).

Key Qualifications

• Passionate about solving scientific problems • Self-motivated, independent and dedicated • Master’s/PhD degree with a focus on:

either Physical sciences / Optics / Photonics / Computer Science / EE or equivalent • Competence in data analysis with Python, MATLAB, JMP, R or Perl
• Application programming in C/C++, Perl or Python
• Interested in learning about optical sciences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in working with international teams
• Optical design in Zemax, Code V or LightTrans is a plus
• Willingness to travel up to 20%

Description

You will gain insight in the design and deployment of effective measurement systems, including test methodology, instrument and fixture software as well as advanced mechanical design of complete measurement stations. In addition you will be working on deploying these instruments into some of the most advanced production lines.

• Deploy hardware and software of complete measurements systems into production
• Define, document and validate appropriate measurement methodologies
• Develop repeatable and reproducible instrumentation that meets product requirements • In depth analysis of optical measurement systems
• HW/SW interfacing of sub-components
• Statistical analysis of large datasets

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Anna Liu
Apple Corporate Recruiting | Product Integrity Team
408-421-1662
anna_liu at apple.com