[visionlist] [Job] Open Position: Post-Doc Fellow in Computer Vision and AI at University of Udine

Niki Martinel niki.martinel at uniud.it
Wed Jun 7 05:34:58 -04 2023

Dear reader,
we are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics at the University of Udine as a Post-Doc Fellow in the field of Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence (AI).

We are actively seeking outstanding candidates to contribute to our research and academic endeavors.

Position Details:
Position: Post-Doc Fellow
Department: Computer Science
Research Area: Computer Vision and AI
Location: Udine, Italy
Application deadline: 2pm CEST - 20th of June 2023.
Duration: 1+ year(s)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience

Responsibilities:
As a Post-Doc Fellow in our department, you will have the opportunity to:
Conduct cutting-edge research in the fields of computer vision and AI, with a focus on generative models;
Collaborate with our esteemed faculty members and contribute to ongoing research projects;
Publish high-quality research papers in top-tier conferences and journals;
Mentor and collaborate with graduate and undergraduate students;
Participate in relevant academic and research activities, such as workshops, seminars, and conferences;

Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, applicants should meet the following qualifications:
Hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field;
Have a strong research background in computer vision and AI;
Possess a track record of publications in top-tier conferences and journals;
Demonstrate proficiency in programming languages commonly used in computer vision and AI research, such as Python, C++, etc.
Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) and image processing libraries (e.g., OpenCV) is highly desirable;
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
Excellent communication and teamwork abilities;

About the Department and University:
The Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics at the University of Udine is renowned for its excellence in research and education. Our faculty members are internationally recognized experts in their respective fields, and we offer state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support cutting-edge research. The department fosters a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, encouraging researchers to explore innovative solutions to real-world problems.
The University of Udine is a leading institution in Italy, known for its commitment to academic excellence and innovation. It provides a vibrant and inclusive academic community, attracting students and researchers from around the world. As a member of our university, you will have access to a range of resources, networking opportunities, and a supportive environment for your professional growth.

Application Process:
To get more details about the position and the application procedure, please contact either Prof. Niki Martinel (niki.martinel at uniud.it) or Prof. Christian Micheloni (christian.micheloni at uniud.it).

We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position. If you know of any exceptional individuals who might be interested, we would greatly appreciate it if you could share this announcement with them.

We look forward to receiving your applications and welcoming a talented individual to our team.

Best regards,
Niki Martinel
University of Udine
Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
Via Delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine, Italy